Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

Feline & Equine- My 3 Favorite Animals, Wisdom and Relationships

My three favorite animals are probably cats, horses and deer. Interesting; when I stop and think about it, those three all have common traits; they're attractive, poised, graceful, and in a way independent, yet very relational; they all speak a very complex and subtle language, which is only recognized if a person knows them and is paying attention. They respond positively to calm, quiet gentleness and kindness. Harshness, manhandling, force, loud noises and action all produce very negative effects on their behavior, and destroy relationships. Winning their affections and devotion is a notable feat, a wonderful experience, and requires patience and a certain amount of giving into the relationship- not just taking or using.

I wonder if there's an analogy here, or any insight into my life or the mind of God? Does this tell me something about myself and how my heart operates? Does it teach me anything about the Lord's way of working with people? What about effective/wise methods of responding to, working with or building relationships with people?? Training children? Leading lost or hurting people to Jesus? Influencing and impacting others? Giving and receiving love? I'm just beginning to grasp this- this whole- concept I guess?? It's an idea, the beginning of an idea, a gem of insight...still on the tip of my brain...

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee." Job 12:7

"Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it." Prov. 16:22

"Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore get wisdom,...get understanding." Prov. 4:7

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgements, and His ways past finding out!" Rom. 11:33

2 comments:

  1. Very neat insight! I love it how God shows us amazing things we can relate to in the reality and circumstances of our lives. Very neat insight! We need to be gentle patient and merciful with everyone! God speaks to me often teaching me life principles with my little ones and when i work in my flower garden. ...And I like how u worded that, on the tip of your brain. :) I have used that same saying to explain somthing. :) Ppl just laugh. But we know what were talking about! Anyway, looks like you have a lovely heart God is forming in you. I miss your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are so right!
    Ha ha yes, I guess "the tip of my brain" does sound kinda funny. :)
    Thank you so much for the encouragement, Miss Jessica! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete