Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2015

FEAR- The Subtle yet Powerful Enemy

This is a followup of sorts to my last post; those fears; let's tackle them once. They're powerful aren't they? How many things have I not done that I should have because of fear? How many times have I disobeyed the Holy Spirit because of fear? Not stepped out of my comfort zone to love somebody because of fear? Lost my joy and peace because of fear? Not heard from the Lord because of fear (even fear that I can't or won't hear correctly)?

It's so subtle. It's bondage. It's just pure bondage! How many regrets do I want in my life because of letting myself be controlled, even if only a small bit, by any kind of fear or anxiety? I want no part of it in my life.

Cry out to the Lord; He will hear, and answer; thru His grace He showed me that I must renounce each of my fears, one at a time, by name (some deep down and hidden) in the Name and thru the blood of Jesus. I am a child of the King! Those fears have no place in my heart, in my life. I am free thru His Blood and His Grace! This does not mean everything's gonna be easy-peasy; it's a battle! This Giant of Fear must be combated every day!  

Key verses that the Lord has given me:

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, and of power and of a sound mind."

"Perfect love casts out fear."

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."

"Let the peace of God rule in your heart."

I am not inferior. YOU are not inferior!

I am free from the law of sin and death. "Neither do I condemn thee" says Jesus; "Go and sin no more."  "Follow Me."

No fear. 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great post! Fear is definitely something that our family has been dealing with, rooting out of our lives over the past year. It's amazing how fear can subtly, subconsciously, and yet drastically alter the way I act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You are so right! This has been a giant for us too. That's amazing- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete